Admission, Financial Aid, and
For the BS in Nursing
Students may apply for admission to the
BSN program through the
Admissions and Registration
Office in A 137.
- Possess and submit a valid, unrestricted, unencumbered RN license from the state in which the applicant is practicing (Florida, Alabama, or Georgia) to be kept currect throughout the duration of the required course of study.
- An AA degree from a Florida public institution.
- A cumulative grade point average of 2.5.
- Completion of all prerequisite courses.
Admission Procedure:Submit the following to the Admissions and Registration Office in A 137:
- Completed Chipola College application. If you were not enrolled at Chipola last semester you will need to submit a new admission application.
- Completed Chipola College BS in Nursing Supplemental Application for the Bachelor’s program.
- Official high school transcripts.
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended.
Call (850) 718-2211or visit http://www.chipola.edu/registrar/index.htm for more information.
2. Prior to registration: (1) review the BSN Academic plan on the college website at http://chipola.edu/studentservices/cguides/index.html. (2) review the class schedule available at www.chipola.edu, for course options. (3) register for classes.
Students applying to a Bachelor program, a limited access program should have been notified in a separate letter of their acceptance into the BSN program.
Registration dates for Fall 2018 Terms:
Fall 2018 Term Early Registration: June 11th - August 7 for Currently Enrolled and New Students
Fall 2018 Term Registration & Drop/Add: August 16 - 17 for Currently Enrolled and New Students
Fall 2018 Term Registration & Drop/Add: August 20 - 21 for New and Returning Students
Fall 2018 Term Drop/Add & Employee Fee Waiver: August 20 - 24
All fees must be paid by semester deadline. You can pay in person, by phone, mail, or online. Contact the business office at (850)718-2204 or Building A room A165.
4. Financial Aid:
Each student MUST complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form to apply for federal financial aid if they wish to receive any kind of financial aid for this program. The form can be filled out online at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov or can be picked up from the Chipola Financial Aid Office in A 157. Call (850) 718-2224 or visit http://www.chipola.edu/financialaid/what.htm for more information.
5. ID Cards and Books:
All students must obtain a photo I.D. from Student Services. New students must must have fees paid at the Business Office prior to obtaining a photo ID.
After securing a valid ID card, visit the bookstore located in Building WD for your textbooks. Bookstore personnel will assist you in purchasing the correct books. Keep your registration receipt and your book store cash register receipt. If you have to exchange a book later, you will need both.
DO NOT UN-WRAP YOUR BOOKS until you are sure you do not want to exchange them. Un-wrapped books are considered Used books.
5. Parking Decals:
Parking decals must be obtained from the Business Office located in Building A, Room 165 if you drive a car on campus. You will need your car registration and student ID. Decals are included in the students' processing fees.