Admission Requirements for the Bachelor of Science in English Education Program
- Associate in Arts degree from a regionally accredited institution or at least 60 semester credit hours of postsecondary education with completion of the Chipola College general studies requirement.
- Completion of all lower division state mandated common prerequisites detailed in table below.
- Earned overall GPA of 2.5 in lower division coursework.
- Demonstrated proficiency in state mandated General Knowledge content through satisfactory completion of all four (4) parts of the General Knowledge part of the Florida Teachers Certification Exam. (register online for the General Knowledge test at www.fl.nesinc.com). Additional information about the General Knowledge test can be found at https://app1.fldoe.org/ftce/Portal/FtceTests.aspx.
- Satisfactory background check by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). Call 850-718-2407 to schedule an appointment.
- Submission of completed Chipola application and official high school and college transcripts.
- Submission of a satisfactory brief narrative that includes a request for admission to the program, factors influencing the applicant’s decision to teach, the applicant’s philosophy of education, and previous teaching or related experiences which demonstrate the applicant’s potential as an educator.
- Written recommendations from three (3) individuals familiar with the applicant's work, personal character, and/or ability to work children and/or youth. You may have the evaluator use the recommendation form posted here.
Submit the following to the Student Affairs Office in A
137; Phone: (850) 718-2211:
- Completed Chipola College application. If you were not enrolled within the last semester at Chipola College, you will need to submit a new application.
- Completed Chipola College Baccalaureate Supplemental Application for the Bachelor’s program.
- A High School Transcript denoting graduation and/or all college transcripts.
Contact Dr. Lou Cleveland at (850) 718-2492 or firstname.lastname@example.org for advising information.
Take the pink Student Registration and Drop/Add Form to the Business Office in A165 to pay tuition or have it charged to your financial aid. Phone: (850) 718-2204.
Prerequisites for English Educucation
|EDF 1005||Introduction to the Teaching Profession||3|
|EDF 2085 (previously EDG 2701)||Introduction to Diversity for Educators||3|
|EME 2040||Introduction to Technology for Educators||3|
|SPC 2608||Effective Public Speaking||3|
|ENC 1101||Communication Skills I||4|
|ENC 1102||Communication Skills II||4|
|Three (9 hours) of
*ENL 2012 or 2022 - Survey of English Literature I or II
AML 2010 or 2020 - Survey of American Literature I or II
|Total Required Prerequisite Credit Hours||29|
Click here to enter your name in the BS database for the BS in English Education program or for more information about Chipola's four-year programs call the Baccalaureate Department (850) 718-2276.