Art Scholarship Qualifications and Procedures
- All candidates must be enrolled at Chipola College or must be accepted for enrollment as a student.
- All candidates must declare a major in Art.
- All candidates must have achieved a scholastic grade point average (GPA) of 2.00 (C) or better in high school and if applicable, college course work completed.
- Preference will be given to students from the five-county Chipola College District. If there are no qualified candidates from the district, then out-of-district candidates will be considered.
- Submit a representative collection of art work in various media which
demonstrates artistic talent and technical development to date. The collection
must be the candidate’s own work and must be submitted by
24, 2014 to:
Associate Dean, Fine and Performing Arts
Fine & Performing Arts Department
Center for the Arts, Building X
Marianna, FL 32446
- Submit a completed Art Scholarship Application and Foundation Scholarship Application Form along with personal letter telling a little about yourself and your future plans. Be sure to include why you feel you need help in going to college and how you feel you can benefit from the college experience. Bring/send all of these documents before or with your Portfolio.
- Furnish 3 letters of recommendation which address the applicant’s talent, character, ability to follow-through on assignments, ability to work independently, and academic ability.
- Recent photo.
A panel of judges will select candidates on the basis of the merits of all works submitted by the April 25, 2014 deadline. The names of candidates selected will be submitted to the selection committee. The committee will select the winning candidates from among the finalists. Selection will be based upon:
- Judges’ opinions concerning talent and potential for success.
- Letters of reference with particular emphasis upon good character.
- Scholastic achievement based upon transcripts of high school and if applicable college grade point average.
- Candidate’s personal statement expressing career goals and commitment to the pursuit of a degree in art.
The winning candidates will be notified by May 2, 2014 in the form of a letter of award from the Department of Fine and Performing Arts.