CHIPOLA REGIONAL ARTS ASSOCIATION
Over $45,000 in scholarship monies have been awarded to deserving art, music, and theatre students at Chipola College. This CRAA sponsored award rotates every year between all five counties in the Chipola District: Calhoun, Holmes, Jackson, Liberty, and Washington counties.
1. All candidates must be enrolled at Chipola College, be accepted for enrollment, or made application as a student by fall.
2. All candidates must declare a major in music, theatre arts, or the visual arts.
3. All candidates must have achieved a scholastic grade point average (GPA) of 2.00 (C) or better in high school and if applicable, college course work completed.
4. Students will be selected from the five-county (Calhoun, Holmes, Jackson, Liberty, Washington) Chipola College District. The scholarship will be offered to each of the five counties in alphabetical order on a rotation basis.
1. Submit a completed Scholarship Application form with a personal letter (see form for specific areas to be addressed).
2. Furnish 3 letters of recommendation which address the candidate's talent, character, ability to follow-through, ability to work independently, and academic ability.
3. Auditions/portfolio requirements:
Perform two pieces of contrasting style (you must supply your own accompanist or you may use a CD accompaniment if required).
Performance: Prepare an audition piece consisting of two monologues or two-character scenes. You must supply any accompaniment or media if necessary.
OR Technical Theatre: Bring a portfolio highlighting your experience.
Submit a representative collection of art work in various media which demonstrates
artistic talent and technical development to date.
The selection committee will be comprised of:
· CRAA Scholarship Chairman
· Representative(s) from the Chipola faculty in one or more of the three art disciplines
· Representative from the County Office (optional)
· Director of Fine and Performing Arts at Chipola College
APPLICATION DEADLINE: TBA
Application, letters of recommendations, and personal letter, (art portfolio for artists) should be submitted by the deadline date to:
Fine and Performing Arts Department
3094 Indian Circle
Marianna, FL 32446-2053
AUDITION DATE AND TIME will be scheduled upon receipt of the scholarship application.
A maximum of $1,500 ($750.00 per semester) will be awarded per academic year and will be disbursed through the college following normal college procedures. Financial need may be a consideration.
If a county does not have an applicant or if applicants do not pass audition requirements, the availability of the scholarship will be made to the next county in alphabetical order. The counties eligible will be: Calhoun, Holmes, Jackson, Liberty, and Washington.
CRAA Rotating Scholarship Application
Scholarships have been awarded to:
Scholarships have been awarded to:
1993-1994 Beth Jones (Voice) Jackson County
1994-1995 Chad Bryan (Visual Arts) Holmes County
1995-1997 Andy Smith (Music) Jackson County
1997-1998 Matthew Barbee (Theatre) Calhoun County
1998-2000 Derrick Marshall (Visual Arts) Holmes County
1999-2001 Rick Hermann (Visual Arts) Jackson County
2000-2001 Mat Schmarje (Theatre) Calhoun County
2001-2002 Trey McGowan (Visual Arts) Holmes County
2001-2003 Kendrick White (Visual Arts) Washington County
2002-2004 Adam Moxley (Music) Jackson County
2004-2005 Leslie Owings (Art) Calhoun County
2005-2006 Natalie Defreese, (Art) Holmes County
2006-2008 Jessica Lawson (Theatre) Jackson County
2007-2008 David Worley (Music) Washington County
2008-2009 David Worley (Music) Washington County
2008-2009 Cuyler Engram, II (Music) Calhoun County
2009-2010 David Worley (Music) Washington County
2010-2011 Katelyn Bush (Art) Holmes County
2010-2011 Travis Powell (Music) Holmes County
2011-2012 Katelyn Bush (Art) Holmes County
2011-2012 Christin Wiggings (Theatre) Jackson County
2012-2013 Christian “Alex” Hanks (Music) Liberty County
2012-2013 Christin Wiggins (Theatre) Jackson County
2013-2014 Christian “Alex” Hanks (Music) Liberty County