High School graduates with acceptable academic records and music aptitude who plan to pursue studies as music majors are eligible to apply .
Scholarships in various amounts, up to full tuition and music fees, are awarded on the basis of talent, academic record, and musicianship. Students with financial need may seek additional assistance through the college's Office of Financial Aid and the Chipola Foundation.
All candidates must audition before a faculty committee of the Music Department.
1. All candidates must be enrolled at Chipola College or must be accepted for enrollment as a student.
2. All candidates must declare a major in music.
3. All candidates must have achieved a scholastic grade point average (GPA) of 2.00 (C) or better in high school and if applicable, college course work completed.
4. Candidates may qualify as either general music or music education.
1. Submit a completed Music Scholarship Application online along with personal letter telling a little about yourself and your future plans. Be sure to include why you feel you need help in going to college and how you feel you can benefit from the college experience. Bring/send all of these documents before or at the time of your audition.
2. Furnish 3 letters of recommendation which address your talent, character, ability to follow-through on assignments, ability to work independently, and academic ability.
3. Audition times will be scheduled with individual students following receipt of the online application.
At the Audition:
1. Prepare two audition pieces of contrasting styles. You must supply your pianist or cd accompaniment.
2. Bring a recent photo.
3. Provide a complete listing of high school, college, or community music and theatre experience. List any training or coursework you may have had to include music, dance, speaking, drama.
4. Submit your resume if available.
5. Be prepared to take a short music theory exam to determine your knowledge of basic music skills.