Admission, Financial Aid, and Registration Information
For the BS in Nursing
1. Admission: Students may apply for admission to the BSN program through the Admissions and Registration Office in A 137.
- Possess and submit a valid, unrestricted, unencumbered RN license from the state in which the applicant is practicing (Florida, Alabama, or Georgia) to be kept currect throughout the duration of the required course of study.
- An AA degree from an accredited institution.
- A cumulative grade point average of 2.5.
- Completion of all prerequisite courses.
Submit the following to the Admissions and Registration Office in A137:
- Completed Chipola College application. If you were not enrolled at Chipola last semester you will need to submit a new admission application.
- Completed Chipola College BS in Nursing Supplemental Application for the Bachelor’s program.
- Official high school transcripts.
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended.
Call (850) 718-2211or visit Admissions for more information.
Students applying to a Bachelor program, a limited access program, should have been notified in a separate letter of their acceptance into the BSN program.
2. Prior to registration:
A. Review the BSN Academic plan on the college website.
B. Review the class schedule available at chipola.edu for course options.
C. Register for classes.
If you need assistance with online registration, contact Advising.
All fees must be paid by semester deadline. You can pay in person, by phone, mail, or online. Contact the Business Office at (850)718-2204 or Building A room A165.
4. Financial Aid:
Each student MUST complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form to apply for federal financial aid if they wish to receive any kind of financial aid for this program. The form can be filled out online at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov or can be picked up from the Chipola Financial Aid Office in A 157. Call (850) 718-2224 or visit Financial Aid for more information.
5. ID Cards and Books:
A. All students must obtain a photo I.D. from Student Services. New students must must have fees paid at the Business Office prior to obtaining a photo ID.
B. After securing a valid ID card, visit the bookstore located in Building WD for your textbooks. Bookstore personnel will assist you in purchasing the correct books. Keep your registration receipt and your book store cash register receipt. If you have to exchange a book later, you will need both.
C. DO NOT UN-WRAP YOUR BOOKS until you are sure you do not want to exchange them. Un-wrapped books are considered Used books.
5. Parking Decals:
Parking decals must be obtained from the Business Office located in Building A, Room 165 if you drive a car on campus. You will need your car registration and student ID. Decals are included in the students' processing fees.