Plasma Arc Skills
Course Code: PMT0153V
Credit Hours: 30 clock hours
Effective beginning: 2021-22
Course Description:This course introduces the student to the process of plasma arc cutting. The students develop techniques of applying plasma arc cutting skills to nonferrous metals.
Bldg. N, Rm 111B
Required textbooks/ course materials:
No textbook required
See first-day handout
Discipline-level learning outcomes:
- Practice and demonstrate safety principles and safe cutting practices as related to GTAW.
- Demonstrate the proper use of terminology and use of tools.
- Demonstrate employability skills.
- Properly demonstrate the operation, including power supplies, controls, and polarity settings of GTAW equipment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principals involved in the GTAW operations.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of welding codes and standards.
Course-level learning outcomes:
|Course-level student learning outcomes||Discipline-level learning outcomes||Assessment methods|
Demonstrate mastery of Welding knowledge and skills.
Demonstrate safety skills appropriate for employees in a Welding work setting.
Apply critical thinking/ problem-solving and diagnostic skills proficiency as appropriate for employees in a Welding work setting.
Exhibit inter-personal and ethical skills as appropriate for employees in a Welding work setting.
Exhibit organizational and professional skills appropriate for Welders.
Exhibit employability and/or entrepreneurship skills as appropriate for employees in a Welding work setting.
|Tests, Quizzes, Final Exams, Skills Performance and Skills Demonstration, Projects, Skills Check|
Means of accomplishing learning outcomes:
This course is a cooperative, competency-based learning program with required classroom lecture classes, learning activity guides, videos, handouts, hands-on instruction, DVD, and computer-assisted instruction. Scheduled program workshops, seminars, special assigned projects, and style show attendance is required for credit.
College-wide policies and resources
For more specific information on Chipola's college-wide academic policies and resources available to students, visit the link below.