Chipola College provides the coursework to apply for the endorsement in Athletic Coaching. To satisfy the requirement for this program, you must:
- Obtain certification in another subject, and
- Nine (9) semester hours in athletic coaching to include the areas specified below:
- Three (3) semester hours in care and prevention of athletic injuries and the effects and dangers of drug use, including performance enhancing drugs,
- Three (3) semester hours in coaching theory,
- A course in theory and practice of coaching a specific sport, and
- A valid cardiopulmonary resuscitation course completion card or certificate issued by the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross or an equivalent cardiopulmonary resuscitation course completion card or certificate issued by an entity approved by the Florida Department of Health pursuant to Rule 64J-1.022, F.A.C.