Admission Procedures to Chipola College
All School of Education students, including those pursuing B.S., A.A., A.S., and certificates, must submit the following to the Student Affairs Office in A137.
- Completed Chipola College application. If you were not enrolled within the last semester at Chipola College, you will need to submit a new application.
- A High School Transcript denoting graduation and/or all college transcripts.
All documentation below should be submitted to Dr. Gina McAllister (email@example.com) in Building O109
- Associate in Arts degree from a regionally accredited institution or at least 60 semester credit hours of postsecondary education with completion of the general studies requirement.
- Completion of lower division state mandated common prerequisites including the Education prerequisite EDF 1005. Contact Dr. McAllister for advising
- Earned cumulative GPA of 2.5 in previous coursework.
- Demonstrated proficiency in state mandated General Knowledge content through satisfactory completion of all four (4) parts of the Florida Teachers Certification Exam. FTCE Information. (register online for the General Knowledge test at www.fl.nesinc.com). Contact the School of Education for additional information and tutoring opportunities regarding this test.
- Satisfactory background check should be conducted through the school district where the student will be completing field experience. NOTE: Please obtain "contractor or vendor" clearance.
- Submission of a satisfactory brief narrative that includes a request for admission to the program, factors influencing the applicant’s decision to teach, the applicant’s philosophy of education, and previous teaching or related experiences which demonstrate the applicant’s potential as an educator.
- Written recommendations from three (3) individuals familiar with the applicant’s academic work, personal character, and/or ability to work with children and/or youth. You may have the evaluator use this recommendation form.
- Completed Chipola College Baccalaureate Supplemental Application for the Bachelor's program.
- Contact Dr. Gina McAllister at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a meeting to discuss program acceptance registration.
Alternative Certification (FLDOE) or Teacher Certification Renewal
- Completed Chipola College application. Apply to the college as a "Non-degree Seeking Teacher Certification" student. You do not have to submit transcripts. If you were not enrolled within the last semester at Chipola College, you will need to submit a new application.
- Copy of the Statement of Eligibility from FLDOE for alternative certification OR certification renewal requirements from FLDOE. (to Admissions and Dr. Gina McAllister)
- Contact Dr. Gina McAllister at email@example.com to set up a meeting to discuss registration.
Students should apply for Financial Aid as soon as possible.
Each student must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to apply for federal financial aid if they wish to receive any kind of financial aid for this program. The form can be filled out online at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov or can be picked up from the Chipola Financial Aid Office in A157. Call (850) 718-2366 or visit Financial Aid for more information.
Any student who enrolls in Math, Science, or Exceptional Student Education is eligible for the $10K guarantee. This program ensures that students in these critical shortage fields will not pay over $10,000 out of pocket for a four-year degree. For more information, contact Dr. Gina McAllister (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Shawn Keihn (email@example.com).
Contact Dr. Gina McAllister at (850) 718-2326 or firstname.lastname@example.org for advising information.
Those interested in the B.S. programs in Elementary Education, English Education, Exceptional Student Education, Science Education, or Math Education can express interest through through the program survey.