The college encourages the development of grant proposals that turn creative ideas into viable projects that provide additional funds for departments. These proposals should result from identified needs and include only projects that help the college fulfill its mission and purpose.
The following steps are to be taken by individuals or departments planning to seek external funds for new projects or resources to supplement existing programs.
- After an appropriate funding source is identified, develop a brief concept paper (or set of notes to be used during discussion) outlining the following:
- WHO? Who will lead the project? (person or department)
- Who will participate in the project?
- WHICH? Which funding agency or source will fund the project?
- WHAT? What activities will the project include? (goals and objectives)
- What will the participants do?
- WHEN? When will the major components occur?
- WHY? Why does Chipola College need the project?
- HOW? How will the goals and objectives be accomplished?
- How will the project help the College carry out its mission?
*Recurring grants funded before April 1, 2001, are not required to complete the Proposed Grant Summary Approval Form.
**The ACG Office provides leadership for the grant writing and submission processes.
Revision Date: 7.15.20