Reverse transfer is a process used to assist students who have transferred from Chipola College to a Florida public university in earning an Associate in Arts (A.A.) degree from Chipola. The 28 institutions of the Florida College System and 12 state universities participate of the reverse transfer process.
Pursuant to s 1007.23 (8), "The articulation agreement must specifically provide for a reverse transfer agreement for Florida College System associate in arts degree seeking students who transfer to a state university before earning an associate in arts degree. Students must be awarded an associate in arts degree by the Florida College System institution upon completion of degree requirements at the state university if the student earned more than 30 credit hours toward the associate in arts degree from the Florida College System institution. State universities must identify each student who has completed requirements for the associate in arts degree and, upon consent of the student, transfer credits earned at the state university back to the Florida College System institution so that the associate in arts degree may be awarded by the Florida College System institution."
In order to participate in the reverse transfer process, a student must meet the following requirements:
- Be currently enrolled in a state university;
- Earned more than 30 hours of college credit at Chipola College;
- Transferred to a state university before earning an AA degree;
- Not previously earned an AA degree from the state university;
- Completed a minimum of 60 hours of college credit;
- Completed general education requirements of either Chipola College or the four-year institution;
- Not earned a baccalaureate degree;
- Be in good academic standing and be current with financial obligations at the four-year institution;
- Be in good academic standing and be current with financial obligations at Chipola College;
- Have met the civic literacy requirement per section 1007.25(4), Florida Statutes;
- Have met college-level communication and computation competency per SBOE Rule 6A-10.030, Florida Administrative Code;
- Demonstrate competency in foreign language per s. 1007.25(8);
- Consent to allowing the four-year institution to transmit the necessary information to Chipola College; and
- Meet any other associate in arts degree graduation institutional requirement of the degree-granting FCS institution.