Complaint Submission

What is a complaint?

A complaint can range from an experience with, or treatment by, a college employee to a matter relating to college facilities. Use this form to file an informal complaint which must be completed prior to filing a formal written complaint. Students may email their complaint to

There are two types of complaints:

  1. Academic: Classroom, Library, or Learning Support issues
  2. Non-Academic: Student Affairs (issues with Financial Aid, Advising or other departments), Auxillary Services (bookstores, food services) or issues with Chipola College services (building, parking lots, etc.)

Steps to file a complaint

  1. Seek direct conflict resolution whenever possible by communicating directly with the college employee responsible for the service or area of complaint. In most cases, you will be asked to speak directly with the department or staff member associated with the concern.
  2. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of the initial interaction or you are not comfortable approaching the Chipola College employee directly, submit your complaint to
  3. Students who are unable to submit an electronic form may have a college employee submit the form on their behalf.

When submitting a complaint, please provide as much information as you can.

What happens next?

  1. Once you submit the complaint, you will receive a confirmation email verifying that your complaint was received.
  2. Within ten business days of the submission of your complaint, Chipola College will provide you with the findings of your complaint in writing.
  3. If more than ten days is needed to research and respond to your complaint is required, the department supervisor or designee handling your complaint will notify you.
  4. Once the response to your complaint is received in writing, the complaint submitted will be considered addressed and closed.

State Student Complaint Process

Federal regulations and State laws require that public colleges in The Florida College System have processes for students, employees, and applicants to file complaints against any respective college. In almost every situation, the college’s process for resolving complaints must be followed first. Before contacting the State Division of Florida Colleges, please read Chipola College’s policies and procedures for filing complaints. File a complaint with the Florida Department of Education.

Chipola College Out-of-state Distance Learning students, who have completed the internal institutional grievance process and the applicable state grievance process, may appeal non-instructional complaints to the FL-SARA PRDEC Council. For additional information on the complaint process, please visit the FL-SARA Complaint process page at


For Ethics and Compliance please visit this Ethics and Compliance page at