Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Documents
IRS Tax Return Transcripts may be obtained by:
- Visiting https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript ordering your Tax Return Transcript.
- Downloading IRS Form 4506-T requesting number 6-a “Return Transcript” and mailing this completed form to the IRS.
- Calling the IRS at 1-800-908-9946 to request a copy of your IRS Tax Return Transcript.
IRS Wage and Income Transcripts may be obtained by:
- Downloading IRS Form 4506-T requesting number 8 “Form W-2, Form 1099 series, Form 1098 series or Form 5398 series transcript” and mailing this completed for the IRS.
IRS Account Transcripts may be obtained by:
- Visiting the IRS website – IRS Account Tax Transcript mailed to you.
- Downloading IRS Form 4506-T requesting number 6-B”Account Transcript” and mailing completed form to the IRS.
- Calling the IRS at 1-800-908-9946 to request a copy of your IRS Account Transcript.
IRS Non-Filing Statement Letters may be obtained by:
- Downloading IRS Form 4506-T requesting number 7 “Verification of Non-filing” and mailing this completed form to the IRS.
- Visiting https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript
Amended Tax Returns (1040X) may be obtained by:
- Visiting an IRS office
- Contacting a reputable tax preparation company
NEW For 2017-18 year: If you or your parents were not required to file a IRS Income Tax Return you will need to submit a IRS Verification on Non-filing letter. To request, complete IRS Form 4506-T
Get Transcript Online
Go to www.irs.gov/transcript
- Click "Get Transcript Online"
- Enter the non-tax filer's Social Security Number
- Create an account, which will ask for general information and account numbers for loan or credit card associated with your name and mobile phone associated with your name
- Click continue
- Select "Verification of Non-Filing Letter" and enter in the Tax Year you are requesting
- If successfully validated, you will be able to view and print your IRS Verification of Non-filing letter
Request by Phone
- Call IRS at 1-800-908-9946
- Follow the prompts to enter your Social Security Number and number in your street address
- Select "Option 2" to request IRS Verification of Non-filing Letter and then enter the year you are requesting
- If successfully validated, you can expect to receive a paper IRS Verification of Non-Filing letter at the address included in the telephone request within 5 to 10 business days from the time the IRS receives the request
Paper Request Form
Go to www.irs.gov/transcript
- Look on right hand side of screen, under Related Forms
- Click on 4506-T
- Click on 4506-T under Current Products
- Scroll to 2nd page
- Complete lines 1-4
- Line 3: Enter the non-tax filer's street address and zip code. Use the address currently on file with IRS.
- Line 5: Form mailed directly to third party **DO NOT LIST CHIPOLA COLLEGE AS THIRD PARTY**
- Line 7: Select the checkbox on the right hand side for Verification of Non-filing
- Line 9: year or period request field, enter for example 12/31/2015
- The non-tax filer must sign and date the form and enter their telephone number. Only on signature required when requesting a joint IRS Verification of Non-filing letter
- Mail or fax the completed IRS form to the address provided on Page 2 of Form 4506-T
- If successfully validated, you can expect to receive within 5 to 10 days at the address you provided
For those who filed Income Tax Returns go to IRS Transcript page.