Returning Student Information

Applying for financial aid is not as complicated as you think. But you won't know what money you may be eligible to receive unless you go through the process. Please read the instructions below for the process of applying for financial aid and other pertinent information you will need.

Applying for Financial Aid:

1. Before beginning the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), you should apply for a FSA ID, which is made up of a username and password. If you are dependent, one of your parents also must sign your application. To sign electronically, your parent must apply for his or her own FSA ID. Dependent students must have a parent sign their application.

2. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by applying on-line at Be sure to list your college choice. Chipola College school code is 001472. NOTE: For faster processing it is recommended that you apply for your FSA ID at before completing the FAFSA.

3. Complete an application for admission to the college. A student's academic records (high school and college transcripts, degree intentions) must be received and evaluated before the student's financial aid file can be processed. Non-degree seeking students and some certificate programs are not eligible for federal financial aid.

4. The Financial Aid Office will receive information on the status of your application electronically from the federal processor as long as Chipola is listed as one of your schools on your FAFSA application. You will receive a a letter from us with the forms listed that we need to complete your financial aid file. These forms are found on our web page - Financial Aid Forms. Please keep for your records. If you do not receive an email within three weeks of submitting your FAFSA, you are advised to contact the federal processor at (800) 433-3243. 

5. Once your FAFSA application is received by the Financial Aid Office we will mail you a letter with a list of necessary paperwork. If you are selected by the federal government for a process called verification there will be additional paperwork to submit. Examples for required documents are: tax return transcripts (these can now be downloaded from the IRS web page at, child support and welfare benefits. All documentation must be returned to the Financial Aid Office before your file can be completed. Please return promptly to the Financial Aid office due to deadlines.