More than $50,000 in scholarships have been awarded to deserving art, music, and theatre students at Chipola College through the Chipola Regional Arts Association Rotating Scholarship. This award rotates every year among all five counties in the Chipola District: Calhoun, Holmes, Jackson, Liberty, and Washington counties.
Talented high school graduates with acceptable academic records who plan to pursue students as art, music or theatre majors are eligible to apply. Students graduating from a high school within the award county each year may apply.
2020: Jackson County
2021: Liberty County
2022: Washington County
2023: Calhoun County
2024: Holmes County
A maximum of $1,500 ($750.00 per semester) will be awarded per academic year and will be disbursed through the college. Financial need may be a consideration.
All candidates must audition/interview before a selection committee that may be comprised of:
- CRAA Scholarship Chairman
- Representative(s) from the Chipola faculty in one or more of the three art disciplines
- Representative(s) from the Chipola Regional Arts Association
- Director of Fine and Performing Arts at Chipola College
1. All candidates must be enrolled at Chipola College, or must be accepted for enrollment as a freshman student.
2. All candidates must declare a major in music, theatre arts, or the visual arts.
3. All candidates must have achieved a scholastic grade point average (GPA) of 2.00 (C) or better in high school and if applicable, college course work completed.
4. Students will be selected from the five-county (Calhoun, Holmes, Jackson, Liberty, Washington) Chipola College District. The scholarship will be offered to each of the five counties in alphabetical order on a rotation basis. If the designated county has no applicants, the scholarship offer will be offered to the next county.
1. Submit a completed CRAA Scholarship Application online.
2. Audition/Interview will be scheduled following receipt of the online application.
At the Audition/Interview:
Perform two pieces of contrasting styles. You must supply your own accompanist or recorded accompaniment if required.
- Theatre Performance
Perform two audition monologues. The two pieces should be of a contrasting nature and should last no more than 5 minutes total time. If the audition piece contains music, the candidate must supply an accompanist, accompaning recorded music, or sing acapella.
- Technical Production
Provide a portfolio of your previous work – include drawings of designs (renderings, sketches); photographs, or samples of your previous work. Be prepared to explain your pieces and the production process.
- Visual Arts
Provide a representative collection of art work in various media which demonstrates artistic talent and technical development to date (portfolio). The collection must be the candidate’s own work.
- Furnish 3 letters of recommendation which address the candidate's talent, character, ability to follow through on assignments, ability to work independently, and academic ability.
- Provide your resume including a complete listing of high school, college or community art experience and any training or coursework.
Interested students should complete the application below to be contacted with audition/interview information.
- 1993-1994 Beth Jones (Voice) Jackson County
- 1994-1995 Chad Bryan (Visual Arts) Holmes County
- 1995-1997 Andy Smith (Music) Jackson County
- 1997-1998 Matthew Barbee (Theatre) Calhoun County
- 1998-2000 Derrick Marshall (Visual Arts) Holmes County
- 1999-2001 Rick Hermann (Visual Arts) Jackson County
- 2000-2001 Mat Schmarje (Theatre) Calhoun County
- 2001-2002 Trey McGowan (Visual Arts) Holmes County
- 2001-2003 Kendrick White (Visual Arts) Washington County
- 2002-2004 Adam Moxley (Music) Jackson County
- 2004-2005 Leslie Owings (Art) Calhoun County
- 2005-2006 Natalie Defreese, (Art) Holmes County
- 2006-2008 Jessica Lawson (Theatre) Jackson County
- 2007-2008 David Worley (Music) Washington County
- 2008-2009 David Worley (Music) Washington County
- 2008-2009 Cuyler Engram, II (Music) Calhoun County
- 2009-2010 David Worley (Music) Washington County
- 2010-2011 Katelyn Bush (Art) Holmes County
- 2010-2011 Travis Powell (Music) Holmes County
- 2011-2012 Katelyn Bush (Art) Holmes County
- 2011-2012 Christin Wiggings (Theatre) Jackson County
- 2012-2013 Christian “Alex” Hanks (Music) Liberty County
- 2012-2013 Christin Wiggins (Theatre) Jackson County
- 2013-2014 Christian “Alex” Hanks (Music) Liberty County
- 2013-2014 Damion Potter (Music) Washington County
- 2014-2015 Deborah Graham (Music) Calhoun County
- 2016-2017 Zechariah Odom (Music) Jackson County
- 2017-2018 Kloe Brewer (Music) Washington County
- 2017-2018 Daniel Covington (Music) Washington County
- 2017-2018 Lauryl Grace Hinson (Music) Washington County
- 2018-2019 Sarah Lynn White (Music) Calhoun County
- 2019-2020 Gwyneth Davis (Music) Holmes County