Chipola College offers a wide variety of singing and performing experiences, no matter what the student's academic goals might be including participation in the exciting Chipola Show Choir. The Show Choir presents an exciting stage show with popular music set to energetic choreography.
Talented Chipola students with acceptable academic records and music/dance aptitude are eligible to apply.
Scholarships in various amounts are awarded on the basis of talent and academic record. Students with financial need may seek additional assistance through the college's Office of Financial Aid and the Chipola Foundation.
All candidates must audition before the Show Choir Director.
- All candidates must be enrolled at Chipola College or must be accepted for enrollment as a student.
- All candidates must have achieved a scholastic grade point average (GPA) of 2.00 (C) or better in high school and if applicable, college course work completed.
- Submit a completed Show Choir Scholarship Application online.
- Audition will be scheduled following receipt of the online application.
At the Audition:
- Come to the audition prepared to sing and dance.
- Perform two pieces of contrasting styles. You must supply your own accompanist or recorded accompaniment if required.
- Furnish two letters of recommendation which address the candidate's talent, character, ability to follow through on assignments, ability to work independently, and academic ability.
- Provide your resume including a complete listing of high school, college, or community music and dance experience and any training or coursework. Include any performances and/or competitions in which you have participated.
Interested students should complete the online application to be contacted with audition information. Scholarship monies are limited, and early applications are encouraged.