Chipola College offers scholarships to talented theatre students. Interested students should complete the online application to be contacted with audition information. Scholarship monies are limited, and early application is encouraged.
Talented high school graduates with acceptable academic records, talent or theatrical aptitude in acting, singing, or dancing who plan to pursue studies as a Theatre Performance major are eligible to apply. It is not necessary to have been in a high school or community theatre program, although it is certainly advantageous.
Scholarships in various amounts, up to full tuition and fees, are awarded on the basis of talent and academic record. Students with financial need may seek additional assistance through the college's Office of Financial Aid and the Chipola Foundation.
All candidates must audition before a faculty committee of the Theatre Department.
- All candidates must be enrolled at Chipola College or must be accepted for enrollment as a student.
- All candidates must declare a major in theatre performance.
- All candidates must have achieved a scholastic grade point average (GPA) of 2.00 (C) or better in high school and if applicable, college course work completed.
- Submit a completed Theatre Performance Scholarship Application online.
- Audition will be scheduled following receipt of the online application.
At the Audition:
- Perform two audition monologues. The two pieces should be of a contrasting nature and should last no more than 5 minutes total time. If the audition piece contains music, the candidate must supply an accompanist, or recorded music accompaniment, or sing acapella.
- Furnish two letters of recommendation which address the candidate's talent, character, ability to follow through on assignments, ability to work independently, and academic ability.
- Provide your resume including a complete listing of high school, college, or community theatre and music experience. List any training or coursework you may have had to include music, dance, speaking, drama. Additionally, list any experience in construction, electricity, design, art, costuming, etc
Interested students should complete the online application to be contacted with audition information. Scholarship monies are limited, and early applications are encouraged.