Chipola College offers scholarships to talented technical production students. Interested students should complete the online application to be contacted with interview information. Scholarship monies are limited, and early application is encouraged.
Talented high school graduates with acceptable academic records and technical skills who plan to pursue studies as a Theatre Technical Production (AA Degree) or Theatre and Entertainment Technology (AS Degree) major are eligible to apply. It is not necessary to have been in a high school or community theatre program, although it is certainly advantageous.
Scholarships in various amounts, up to full tuition and fees, are awarded on the basis of talent and academic record. Students with financial need may seek additional assistance through the college's Office of Financial Aid and the Chipola Foundation.
All Technical Theatre candidates must interview with the Director of Technical Theatre and present a portfolio of the candidate's own work.
- All candidates must be enrolled at Chipola College or must be accepted for enrollment as a student.
- All candidates must declare a major in Theatre Technical Production (AA Degree) or Theatre and Entertainment Technology (AS Degree).
- All candidates must have achieved a scholastic grade point average (GPA) of 2.00 (C) or better in high school and if applicable, college course work completed.
- Submit a completed Theatre Technical Production Scholarship Application online.
- Interview will be scheduled following receipt of the online application.
At the Interview:
- Provide a portfolio of your previous work – include drawings of designs (renderings, sketches); photographs, or samples of your previous work. Be prepared to explain your pieces and the production process.
- Furnish two letters of recommendation which address the candidate's talent, character, ability to follow through on assignments, ability to work independently, and academic ability.
- Provide your resume including a complete listing of high school, college, or community theatre experience. List any experience in construction, electricity, design, art, costuming, etc; and list any training or coursework.
Interested students should complete the online application to be contacted with interview information. Scholarship monies are limited, and early applications are encouraged.