Chipola College offers scholarships to talented art students. Interested students should complete the online application to be contacted with interview information. Scholarship monies are limited, and early application is encouraged.
Talented high school graduates with acceptable academic records and art aptitude who plan to pursue studies as art majors are eligible to apply.
Scholarships in various amounts, up to full tuition and fees, are awarded on the basis of talent and academic record. Students with financial need may seek additional assistance through the college's Office of Financial Aid and the Chipola Foundation.
All candidates must interview with the Director of Fine and Performing Arts and present a portfolio of the candidate's own work.
- All candidates must be enrolled at Chipola College or must be accepted for enrollment as a student.
- All candidates must declare a major in art.
- All candidates must have achieved a scholastic grade point average (GPA) of 2.00 (C) or better in high school and if applicable, college course work completed.
- Submit a completed Visual Arts Scholarship Application online.
- Interview will be scheduled following receipt of the online application.
At the Interview:
- Provide a representative collection of art work in various media which demonstrates artistic talent and technical development to date (portfolio). The collection must be the candidate’s own work.
- Furnish two letters of recommendation which address the candidate's talent, character, ability to follow through on assignments, ability to work independently, and academic ability.
- Provide your resume including a complete listing of high school, college, or community art experience and any training or coursework. Include any exhibits and/or competitions in which you have participated.
Interested students should complete the online application to be contacted with interview information. Scholarship monies are limited, and early applications are encouraged.