Chipola College offers scholarships to talented music students. Interested students should complete the online application to be contacted with audition information. Scholarship monies are limited, and early application is encouraged.
Talented high school graduates with acceptable academic records and music aptitude who plan to pursue studies as music majors are eligible to apply.
Scholarships in various amounts, up to full tuition and music fees, are awarded on the basis of talent, academic record, and musicianship. Students with financial need may seek additional assistance through the college's Office of Financial Aid and the Chipola Foundation.
All candidates must audition before a faculty committee of the Music Department.
- All candidates must be enrolled at Chipola College or must be accepted for enrollment as a student.
- All candidates must declare a major in music.
- All candidates must have achieved a scholastic grade point average (GPA) of 2.00 (C) or better in high school and if applicable, college course work completed.
- Submit a completed Music Scholarship Application online.
- Audition will be scheduled following receipt of the online application.
At the Audition:
- Perform two pieces of contrasting styles. You must supply your own accompanist or recorded accompaniment if required.
- Furnish two letters of recommendation which address the candidate's talent, character, ability to follow through on assignments, ability to work independently, and academic ability.
- Provide your resume including a complete listing of high school, college, or community music experience and any training or coursework. Include any performances and/or competitions in which you have participated.
- Be prepared to take a short music theory exam to determine your knowledge of basic music skills.
Interested students should complete the online application to be contacted with audition information. Scholarship monies are limited, and early applications are encouraged.